Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day1 -Check in Maduzi Hotel (Review)

My colleague strongly recommended me to stay in Maduzi, saying that it was so good and so good. But I was very disappointed. I will elaborate below.

First, the location was a little off from the main activity, subways and skytrains, compared to the prime location of SILQ. To make things worse, my hubby sprained his foot on the 2nd day and oh, it was so stressful and tiring for him to walk to the nearest foodcourt or restaurant. In the end, I became the delivery woman...

Yes, the room was big, no doubt and the check-in could be anytime in the day but as our departure flight was before 12pm, there was no need for extension. We arrived around 12pm and most hotels could check in early. Even if they don't, it is only 2-3hr. No big deal. I also do not need a big room - I just need a comfortable bed to rest my body.

The minibar was free but the drinks and chips in it are so easily available in the many minimarts outside. So, these plus points did not meet my needs. And yes, there is a walk-in wardrobe but I'm only staying 3 nights - I do not need that. The jacuzzi was probably the only real plus but again, I can do without that. The room rate was around $120/night without breakfast. The hotel matched the rate to the lowest in the market. I would rather pay a little bit more, have breakfast thrown in than having the minibar which is really non-essential.

I literally hated the rain shower. Hubby said it was ok for him but not for me. Maybe because I was short, so I do not seem to get the shower. There was no hand held so I could not shower properly and I do not feel clean after each shower. This is the first time I had this problem when I travel.

In summary, I will not stay in this recommended hotel again. The price just did not match my needs and expectations. I will go back and stay in SILQ since its rate is less than $100 with breakfast and it meets most of my needs.

Comfortable bed. Room size was normal

TV & Writing Table

Bathroom - vanity sink area - the sink was too shallow.



Jacuzzi



Rain shower which could not reach me

Amenities

Super large Walk in wardrobe


Entrance to bedroom via a sliding glass door

Working table


TV & chair

Coffee & Tea

Coffee machine

Japanese Cake

Free mini bar

Room Keys

Room Map

Our Room

Corridor



Lobby Area




Bar Counter


Signboard outside hotel


Hotel Exterior


Garden outside Hotel Building



Bangkok Trip Aug 20-23, 2014 Summary/Itinerary

Day 1 - Breakfast at Gold Lounge, Changi Airport -> SQ Flight to Bangkok -> Check in Maduzi Hotel (Review) -> Lunch at Saew, ThongLor -> Shopping at Rama IV -> Teppanyaki Dinner at Rama 9 Republic Foodcourt-> Thai Body Massage

Day 2 - Breakfast at Took Lae Dee -> Pak Khlong Talat (Flower Market) -> Chinatown -> Ah Baoling Desert at Hua Seng Hong restaurant, Chinatown -> Lunch at Nam Sing Restaurant -> Facial at Dee Saloon -> Dinner at Arirang Restuarant,Sukhumvit Plaza, Korean Town -> Thai Body Massage

Day 3 - Breakfast from Took Lae Dee -> Lunch in the room -> Body Massage -> Dinner at Arirang Restuarant, Sukhumvit Plaza, Korean Town -> Thai Body Massage

Day 4 - Breakfast at Took Lae Dee -> Home Sweet Home

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photographs.I like arrangement of TV and Writing Table..I like chair.. it looks more comfortable.Looking at chair automatically feel like comfortable hotels in sukhumvit area

    ReplyDelete